This article was updated on November 25, 2018
As Facebook continues to evolve new advertising options for business owners, several free options have been eliminated including the easy to use, but discontinued, “check-in deal.” One lesser known option still remains and is highly effective as a free promotion tool for small businesses. The “Facebook Offer” is an advertising option that has outlasted its predecessors. The fact that this offer can be created without a budget and instantly posted on a page is very useful. The following steps are used as a resource by my own social media crew.
- Go to your Facebook Business Page.
- Click the Offers link on the left side of the page.
- The Offers page will open. Click “Create Offer.”
- The “Create an Offer, Discount, or Deal” popup window will open.
- Under “Offer Type,” choose the kind of offer you wish to make. Choose from “Spend X Get Y Off,” “Free Shipping,” Discount Percent,” “Buy X Get Y Discount,” Discount Amount,” and “Customized.”
- Upload an image. Use an image with little or no text.
- Specify the type of offer under “Discounted Items and/or Services.”
- Set an expiration date by clicking today’s date and then clicking a different date in the future.
- Under “Where can people redeem this?” click the box next to “In-Store” or “Online.” If your offer can be redeemed online, type the complete web address where it can be redeemed.
- Add a promo code (optional).
- Add a description that will become the headline for your ad. Use a strong, clear headline for your offer such as “Buy one pair of socks, get another pair free!”
- Review your offer.
- Publish or schedule your offer using the button in the bottom right corner of the window. If you’d like to schedule the offer to begin at a later time, click the arrow next to the “Publish” button. The “Schedule Offer” window will open. Set the date and click “Schedule.”If you’d like to publish the offer right away, click “Publish.”