One of the best ways to build a positive reputation and a strong web presence for your business is to give some attention to your Google reviews. Pestering your customers or clients for reviews is not likely to yield a positive outcome, but a friendly request can go a long way. At the end of your service, you may want to say something like, “Thank you very much! It was great working with you. If you had a good experience with us, we’d love it if you’d leave us a review on Google.”
A visual request for reviews may be even more effective for bringing in some positive words about what you do. Provide a link on your web pages, in emails, and find other creative ways to share a link to capture your customer’s desire to say something great about you. Here’s how:
- Use google.com to search for your business.
- Click on your business listing. Find the “Write a review” button and click it.
A “Rate and review” box will open.
- The web address for the “Rate and review” box will appear at the top of the page. It will be very long.https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=Fbq8XNaVDaGq_QaN65vQBg&q=loebig+ink&btnK=Google+Search&oq=loebig+ink&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0.1690.3653..4312…0.0..0.81.756.11……0….1..gws-wiz…..0..0i131j0i131i10j0i10j0i22i30.NxL doFwaGk#btnK=Google%20Search&lrd=0x89b7ceca5e5fcd8b:0xeae7036204131d65,3,,,
- Log into to bit.ly, or follow the steps to open a free account if you don’t have one already.
- Click the “Create” button in the upper right corner.
- The “CREATE BITLINK” window will open on the right side of the page.
- Copy and paste the long web address in the “PASTE LONG URL” box and click “CREATE.” A new, short web address will appear.
- Edit the end of the short web address to make it more memorable, such as http://bit.ly/Loebig. Click “SAVE.”
- Share the new short link to increase your Google reviews!
- If your business doesn’t show up on the map when you search google.com:
- Find it on maps.google.com.
- A window will open on the left side of the page.
- Scroll down and click the “Write a review” button. A “Rate and review” box will open.
- Follow steps 3 – 9.
View our other “How To…” articles.