As a small business coach and leader of a technology consulting group, it is critical that I stay abreast of the latest news, tools, and trends in web technology and Internet marketing. Over the last few years I have developed a list of key sources that help keep me informed.
Well written blogs are an invaluable source of actionable information. I often share articles from blog posts on my own Facebook and Linkedin pages and Twitter accounts partly to keep my own tribe of followers informed, but also to remind myself of good content that is available for exploring.
- The Savvy Biz Blog – Sarah Santacroce
- The Point – Barry Feldman
- Our Blog – Rignite Staff
- Inbound Marketing Blog – Hubspot Staff
- Social Media Examiner – Guest Bloggers
- Social Media Today – Guest Bloggers
- PPC Hero – Hanapin Marketing
- ProBlogger Blog – Guest Bloggers
Podcasts are a unique source of audio content that can be accessed from iTunes, Blog Talk Radio or other podcasting locales. I often listen to podcasts when working on repetitive tasks that don’t require my full attention or when I am on the road.
- Faith. Business. Fun. – Marlee Ward
- Amy Porterfield Podcast – Amy Porterfield
- Business Success Cafe – Cathy Demers
- The Suitcase Entrepreneur – Natalie Sisson
eNewsletters appear regularly in email in-boxes. Great eNewsletters include short descriptive titles with a brief summary of more detailed content on a website or blog post. They also have a unique and descriptive subject line that clearly describe the content of the newsletter. eNewsletters are great because the content can be stored and categorized in email folders for future reading or reference.
- Kruse Control – Dealership Blog Newsletter
- WordStream – Pay Per Click Best Practices
- Website Magazine – Online and hard-copy magazine
- Mari Smith – The Social Scoop Newsletter
- Firepole Marketing – Danny Iny
- ProBlogger – Newsletter of the ProBlogger Blog
Webinars, i.e. web seminars, are also a great source of information especially when they are live and interactive. Live webinars that are well facilitated allow participants to ask questions and clarify information presented in the meeting. Well run webinars also provide slide show content to participants which helps increase understanding of shared information.
These are just a sampling of the most recent marketing sources that I have used. What would you add to the list?
It is helpful and encouraging to see a list like this. Sometimes it feels overwhelming to me to wade through a sea of possible resources. It’s nice to have recommendations from someone I trust to narrow the search.
Thanks for your trust Robin! I enjoy sharing my best advice with all who listen. 🙂
Wonderful review, Thanks for sharing new technology trends.
Thanks for stopping by. 🙂
Thanks for sharing the valuable technology trends.
You’re welcome! Thanks for stopping by. How do you keep up on tech trends?