Figuring out how to design a business Facebook page is a common task for many start-up businesses. And, one of the most confusing elements of the initial setup is deciding what type of business page should be created.
Here are some basic facts about Facebook image sizes and an overview of the various page options that should be considered when setting up a small business Facebook page.
Begin your Facebook Business Page Setup Here…
Timeline Image Dimensions:
- Facebook Timeline Header Image Dimensions: 850w x 315h
- Facebook Thumbnail Image Dimension: 180w x 180h. Note that the actual size that shows on the page is 160 x 160 so leave 20 pixels of blank space around a 160 x 160 image so that the entire thumbnail appears on the page correctly! (Thanks to Peregrine Associates for this little nugget of wisdom)
- The thumbnail gets shrunk to 32w x 32h on wall posts
- Facbeook Page Tab Image Dimensions: 111w x 74h
Facebook Image Guidelines:
- Cover images must be at least 399 pixels wide and may not contain:
- Price or purchase information, such as “40% off” or “Download it at our website”
- Contact information, such as web address, email, mailing address or other information intended for your Page’s About section
- References to user interface elements, such as Like or Share, or any other Facebook site features
- Calls to action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends”
Pingback: Can a Business Facebook Page Help a Professional Services Business? | The Ink Blog