When you sign up for a Google account, you receive a host of powerful G Suite tools for work and collaboration such as Google Calendar, Drive, Docs, and Maps. You will also automatically receive a Gmail address. You may begin to use your new email @gmail.com and its host of useful features, but it may also be helpful to associate another email address with your Google account for several reasons!
- If you’d like to be able to sign into your Google account with a non-Gmail email address
- If you’d like to log into a Google Analytics account without having to create a new Gmail email.
- If you’re trying to manage a Google My Business account with a branded business email address.
- If you need access to Google Docs, but don’t have Gmail.
Here are the steps to take to associate your non-Gmail email with G Suite:
1.Go to google.com and click “Sign in” on the top right-hand side of the page.
2. If you are logged into a current Google account, select the drop-down menu, scroll down and click “‘Add account.” A menu of any Google accounts you use will open. Scroll to the bottom and click “Use another account.”
(If you are not logged in to a current Google account, skip this and go to step 3.)
3. On the Sign in screen, click “Create account.”
The “Create your Google Account” screen will open.
4. On the Create your Google Account screen, click “Use my current email address instead.” Fill in your email address, add a password, confirm the password, and click the “Next” button.
5. Verify the email address with the code that will be sent to you via email.
6. You will be asked for a mobile phone number for text verification.
7. Receive the 6-digit verification code on your phone. Fill in the code to verify your phone number.
8. The Welcome to Google screen will appear. Finish filling out your personal information and click “Next.”
9. Choose to “Get more from your number” or just click “Skip.”
10. Accept Privacy and Terms by scrolling down and clicking “I agree.”
Read our other “How To” articles…