As a small businesses grows in size and complexity it will often begin enlisting the support of others to help support it’s efforts. Social media management is a natural area to gain support from a professional marketing consultant.
The first step in giving someone access to a Facebook page for page management purposes is to assign them an admin role on the page. Facebook allows a business to provide up to five levels of admin roles. The ‘Admin’ role is the highest level of access available to page administrators. An ‘Insight Analyst’ is the lowest level role. This step by step guide describes how to give a person access to a Facebook page so they can setup and manage the Facebook Page.
The five admin roles, described by Facebook in detail, include:
- Navigate to your Business Facebook page.
- At the top of the Facebook page click the navigation button called “Settings”.
- On the next page click the “Page Rolls” navigation button on the left side of the page.
- Then type in the name of the person you want to add as an admin. Their name will pop up if you are “Facebook Friends” with them. If you are not, type in their email address.
- Next, select an admin role for them from the drop down menu, i.e. Admin, Editor, Advertiser, Moderator, Advertiser or Analyst.
- Then click save and your done!
View our other “How To…” articles.