This article was updated on October 2, 2018.
Creating and/or verifying a Google My Business account is one of the most important things a local business can do to show up in Google organically. A Google My Business listing is required for a business to show up on Google Maps. If your business is incorporated you may already have a listing in Google My Business. In this case, claiming and verifying the listing is your first step to optimizing it.
Once the Google My Business listing has been claimed, one or more page managers can be added to the account. A page manager might be needed to add graphics, including a logo and banner image.
Whoever claimed the Google My Business listing needs to login and add the page manager to the account. These steps will guide you through the process.
- Go to: https://google.com/mybusiness
- Sign in using the link at the top right corner of the page.
- The Manage locations page will open. Click on the name of the business.
- Your Google My Business home page will open. Scroll down on the left-hand side and click “Users.”
- The “Manage permissions” window will open. Click the “Invite new users” icon in the top right corner.
- In the popup window, add the email address of the new manager. It should be an email account that is connected to Google. Select “Manager” in the drop-down menu and click “Invite.”
Clients often want me to take care of this process for them. In this case, they give me their email address and password to log into their Google account to complete the task.
Check out my other “How To…” articles.