Creating and/or verifying a Google Places for Business listing is one of the most important things a local business can do to show up on in Google organically. A Google Places for Business listing is what is required in order for a business to show up on Google maps. If your business is incorporated you may already have a listing on Google maps. In this case, claiming and verifying the listing is your first step to optimizing the directory listing.
Once the Google Places listing claimed, page managers can be added to the account. A page manager might be needed to add graphics, including a logo and banner image, or to create a Google Plus Business page that can be associated with the map listing.
Whoever “claimed” or created the Google Places for Business listing needs to login and add the page manager to the account. These steps will guide you through the process!
- Go to: http://www.google.com/business/placesforbusiness/
- The listing(s) will appear on the next page. Click “View Dashboard”
- Click the “control wheel” toward the top right of the page and select “Manage Listing Access”
- Click the blue “Add Manager” button.
- In the popup window add email addresses of page managers. Mine should be: firstname.lastname@example.org. These should be Google connected email accounts.
Clients often want me to take care of this process for them. In this case, they give me their email address and password to log into their Google Plus account.
Check out my other “How To…” articles.