- You may hire an SEO specialist to evaluate your website statistics
- You might want a staff person to manage your analytics account without giving them the passcodes to your Google Apps account.
- Your web designer will need to copy the analytics installation code from your account to install on your website
- An advertising company, like Cox Media, may need access to setup conversion tracking for ad campaigns
Follow these simple steps to add a user or administrator to your Google Analytics account while still maintaining the confidentiality of your Google Apps login passwords.
- Log into Google Analytics: https://www.google.com/analytics
- Click the “Admin” navigation button on the top right hand side of the page
- In the “Profiles” tab that appears, there is a set of sub tabs. Click on the “Users” sub tab.
- Then, click on the “+New user” button
- Enter the new person’s email address and select a role for them, i.e. User or Administrator.
- Click “Create Admin” button. (An “Admin” access level is required to obtain access to the tracking code section and other functions needed to fully manage the account. “User” level access provides access to all the primary analytics data, but does not allow a user to manage the account)
Visit our “How To..” directory of technology articles for more time saving tips!